Friday, April 6, 2012

Spinner's Moon

Unicorn and the moon - blue, cool, drawing, fairy, full moon, horse, horses, moon, moonlight, night, other, painting, picture, twilight, unicorn, white



Thoth's Day
Solar 16
Dreamspell - Yellow Cosmic Star (13 Lamat) - Kin 208
Mayan Tzolk'in - 5 Imix (Red Overtone Dragon) - Kin 161
Mayan Ha'ab - 4 Pop
Full Moon in sidereal Virgo - Spinner's Moon


On the Spinner's Moon, we count up our web of obligations. Whom do we owe, and who owes us, and how do we feel about those obligations? Who will be there to catch us when we fall? We also look at our attitudes toward service and whether we render it with a whole heart. It's a good time to render service to others, especially to small organizations that are keeping people alive and functioning in their lives, or ones that are concerned with helping people become independent. - Moon Phase Astrology by Raven Kaldera.

As a mom and wife, my obligations are too numerous to mention. If you read my post from yesterday, you will see that I've been relieved of my sisterly and daughterly obligations. Or have I? I'm torn between my spirituality which recognizes that all paths lead to the Divine and the spirituality of my family which states that their way is the only way. Since this is Good Friday for most of Christianity, what would Jesus do? April 10 is Siblings Day. I suppose my obligation is to continue to reach out to my siblings. At what point do I say fuck it? 2 of my 4 sibs know I'm jobless.

My sorority Zeta Sigma Chi Multicultural Sorority, Inc. has as its philanthropy the Ronald McDonald House and NAME. I don't have a personal charity at this time but I promote literacy and homeschooling.

No comments:

Post a Comment