Saturday, February 9, 2013

Forgotten One's Moon

Isis' Day, Rekh Wer 1
Metonic Lunation 213
Mayan Tzolk'in - 2 Oc (White Lunar Dog)
Dreamspell - Red Planetary Earth (10 Caban)

New Moon in Sidereal Capricorn

On the Forgotten Moon we remember our early experiences of being left out and the feelings and fantasies that we used to tide us over during that painful time. We look at the ambitions that may have been stunted or set aside because of early trauma and we reexamine them...We also confront our feeling about the unfairness of the Universe. - Moon Phase Astrology by Raven Kaldera.

When I was a kid in school, I was always left out of birthday parties and holiday celebrations. While the other kids would participate in the costume parade, I and other Jehovah's Witness children would be stuck in the library. It was never a lot of us; some parents had the decency to just keep their kids home. Since I was poor, I only got new clothes the beginning of the year. Nothing new for Christmas. So my fantasy was that my family didn't have to wait until birthdays or Christmas to buy presents; we got presents all year round. Yeah right.

I was really smart too. I was offered a position on the student government. But noooo, since JWs don't participate in government, I had to decline that. I wonder how different my life would have been if I had been allowed to participate in activities that other kids got to do - sports, band, dance team, prom.

And to top it off, I'm the fat sister. Yeah, I used to blame the Universe. Why did I have to be the fat one? I'm clearly not my mother's favorite either. I feel like I'm truly forgotten. My mother hasn't called or visited me in forever (but she calls my son).

BUT had I not gone through all these things, I would not be the me that I am now. I wonder if I would have ever found my true spiritual path?


No comments:

Post a Comment