Thursday, February 11, 2016

UU Lent - Devotion

Devotion - 1. love, loyalty, or enthusiasm for a person, activity, or cause.
Samus in a pretty dress
I see why a lot of us are posting pictures of our pets. Samus, my toy poodle mix, was my very first pet. She's too smart for her own good but I can tell that she loves me unconditionally. Some trainers say to have your doggies greet you calmly. I prefer the enthusiastic jumping, tail wagging, happy barking greeting. Samus won't let me even go to the bathroom until I give her "high five".


Devotion - 2. religious worship or observance

Are there any Pagan daily devotionals? Probably none that are centralized. I've been trying to craft my daily practice. The JWs have their version of Our Daily Bread called Examining the Scriptures Daily aka the daily text. So the desire to do something spiritual is kind of hardwired in me. I've been drawing a tarot card from the Liber T deck before going to sleep. This makes for some interesting dreams when I can remember them.

The closest thing to a UU daily devotional is the online Daily Compass. Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment