Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Priest's Moon

Hathor's Day
LuniSol - Month 7, Day 27
Metonic - Year 17, Lunation 205, Day 15
Dreamspell - Yellow Planetary Warrior (10 Cib) - Kin 37
Mayan Tzolk'in - 2 Muluc (Red Lunar Moon) - Kin 249
Mayan Ha'ab - 12 Zec


Full Moon in Sagittarius

On the Priest's Moon, we think about the traditions and beliefs we hold - religious or otherwise - and whether we are able to objectively question them. - Moon Phase Astrology by Raven Kaldera.

I did this when I decided that I was not returning to the Jehovah's Witness religion. In search for my new spiritual home, I realized that I didn't agree with the bible as the word of God. Everything that I believe in now is questioned in my heart and if necessary I am free to change my mind. Here is a list of some of my current beliefs:

Beliefs

  • pro-choice for women but personally I'm pro-life
  • pro marriage equality
  • homeschooling (every parent should try it at least once)
  • selective vax (there was no chicken pox vaccine when I was a kid)
  • circumcision on 8th day
  • belief in God but I use the feminine pronoun
  • natural childbirth with natural positions like squatting
  • calendar reformation
  • soul = the part of me that make me, me; energy that never dies
  • reincarnation (?)
  • women should retain their last name when married
  • Libertarian
  • all paths lead to the Divine including science/secularism
  • polyandry
  • deism


Traditions

  • Frigiving dinner
  • Festivus
  • Lammas ritual

(wow, I really need more!)

What are some of your beliefs and traditions? I will delete any disrespectful comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment