Monday, September 16, 2013

Deck Review: Black Cats Tarot

I wasn't going to get this deck at first but changed my mind. It's a whimsical deck with almost all cards featuring anthropomorphic black cats. I was hoping for cats that looked like cats but this not a big deal. Black Cats Tarot is a standard deck with black borders. The major arcana is numbered but not labeled. My least favorite card is XXI - The World. I'm sure the artist was not thinking racism when showing the white cat shedding its outer black cat skin. I suppose it makes sense since the 0 - Fool card features a white cat starting on its journey. Which brings me to wonder - why is there a white cat starting the journey when this is suppose to be a deck featuring black cats?

My favorite card is the Moon. The cat face as the moon is simply adorable. The black cat is ready to soak up all the Moon's energy.


The suits retain their usual meanings. All-in-all this is cool deck and I look forward to working with it.

Suits: Chalices, Pentacles, Wands, Swords
Courts: King, Queen, Knight, Knave
Reversible: Yes, although the LWB does not give reversed meanings
Cards on deck packaging: Moon (front) and Magician (back)

No comments:

Post a Comment