Saturday, February 28, 2015

UU Adult RE Spirit in Practice

In what ways are you creative? 

I didn't inherit the artistic gene. My mother and my siblings draw pretty well. I draw well enough for Pictionary. I used to write poetry often but I'm out of practice. If you follow me on Twitter (@queenj) you may see some of my haikus from time to time. The first post for UULent2015 was a poem composed of haiku verses. Dramatic reading seems to suit me; I love to read parts for Sunday service when I can make it. Oh, and I sing a little.

When and where do you apply your inspiration, problem-solving, and sense of beauty? 

Sadly, inspiration is hard to come by these days. Crazy work schedule coupled with no time to connect to those who mean the most to me leaves me feeling depressed most of the time. It is a struggle to not write about doom and gloom. 

What creative processes do you engage in regularly?

I try to listen to the Universe. Instead of internalizing my problems, I see if the solution is "out there" somewhere. Occult practices require some creativity simply because of their nature. One can read tarot and use the accompanying book or one can feel the tarot.

I've thought about getting into some sort of knitting or crocheting. Anyone want to teach me?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing this. I see you as a person who lives creatively, who spreads open-mindedness and alternative ways of looking at things wherever you go. May the growing light bring you more opportunities to connect with the people you love.

    ReplyDelete