Saturday, December 7, 2013

Chalica - Day 6

Principle of day 6

The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all

When I joined my sorority, I was asked if I had a cause that I was passionate about. I believe that literacy is important as well as clean drinking water for everyone. This past election, MD voters passed the Marriage Equality Act. Hopefully the other states will follow suit and the LGBT community can celebrate their version of Loving Day.

Universal health care is a big one. There are problems with the Affordable Care Act but I believe it's a step in the right direction.

As you light an orange candle, think about your favorite causes. Do you donate or volunteer on a regular basis? If you are a part of a church or religion, does your congregation have a social justice committee?

No comments:

Post a Comment