Wednesday, June 1, 2011

New Moon Uposatha - my (re)dedication to the Goddess

Today is the day that I've decided to dedicate myself to my new spiritual path. A little over a year ago, I went to my first Buddhist meeting. A very short time after that, I started exploring Wicca and other religions. I have come Home. I realized this some time ago but I have been reluctant to commit. On the one hand, one's spirituality is personal and private. On the other hand, it's nice to exchange ideas with like-minded individuals. I attended International Pagan Coming Out Day with a Facebook group. I sent my mother a card with some information in it about Buddhism and Paganism. My kids know that I know no longer identify with Christianity. My husband has always been supportive throughout my journey.

So today is the day that I accept this fact. Why today? Well, it's the new moon, the first of the month, and Wednesday. I was born on a Wednesday so it almost seems fitting that today is *the* day. I have no idea of the specifics of my ritual. I said a small prayer at the exact time of the partial eclipse with the rest of my ritual to be performed later. I do what I feel in my heart to do. Maybe it will be just lighting some candles and sitting quietly.

I've been struggling with the fact that previously I dedicated myself to Jehovah and was baptized as a Jehovah's Witness in 1992. I was serious at the time, as serious as a teenager could be. Is my Christian dedication and baptizm negated? I thought about this and as I believe that the Goddess and God are one, my dedication is still valid. The baptism is irrelevent. So I guess my ritual is more of a re-dedication, a step that I'm taking with no pressure from my mother or from an organization. My free will. I'm happy to do it.

Oh, I don't have craft name / magical name yet. I thought of one but I'll let the Goddess guide me.

Blessed Be

No comments:

Post a Comment